We appreciate your interest.
We will be in touch shortly.
Back to Planolitix
Your privacy rights
How we collect information about you
- Your personal information will be collected and held by Planolitix Limited, 28 Bath Street, Parnell, Auckland, 1052, New Zealand.
- We collect personal information from you in order to enable you to register an Account and use the Planolitix Tool. The personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (including your email address, phone number and postal address), organisation and, financial information;
- We may collect personal information about you when:
- you register an Account;
- you access and use our Website and/or the Planolitix Tool;
- you subscribe to any newsletter or publication of Planolitix;
- you provide details to us in any feedback or contact us form;
- you otherwise contact us through social media, email, telephone or other means;
- you apply for employment or a volunteer position with us; or
- we are required to do so by law.
- We note that Financial Advisers may collect certain personal and financial information (including income, expenditure, debt levels) from individuals directly and input this into the Planolitix Tool. Where a Financial Adviser does so, the Financial Adviser is the collector of such information and Planolitix acts as storage agent of the information only.
- When you use our Website and/or the Planolitix Tool we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include your computer IP address, referral URL, geo-location and data about the webpages that you access. Generally this information is not personally identifiable data, but to the extent that it is considered personal information for the purposes of any applicable law or regulation, we will comply with our obligations under any such law or regulation when processing that information.
- If you choose not to provide personal information to us on request we may be unable to provide certain Services to you, or it may affect the quality of those Services
How we use and disclose information that we collect about you
- to provide you with access to and use of our Services;
- to communicate with you (for example to provide customer support or to ask you for feedback about our Services);
- to verify your identity and complete background checks;
- to facilitate your use of our Services and help provide a more personalised experience;
- to research and help improve and enhance our Services;
- to undertake administrative functions associated with our business;
- to comply with any legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993; and
- subject to you providing your consent (in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007), sending you electronic messages to promote and market our Services.
- Subject to clause 12:
- where personal information about an individual has been collected by a Financial Adviser, we will not disclose that personal information to any other person without the authorisation of the Financial Adviser;
- where personal information about an individual has been collected by Planolitix, we will not disclose that personal information to any other person without the authorisation of that individual.
- Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe function included in our marketing communications.
Use and sharing of data
- You consent to us using and sharing the data that you provide to us as part of the Services, on the basis that:
- the data we collect from you will not include your personal information or other identifying particulars and will be in a form in which you will not be able to be identified; and
- this data will be collated and/or aggregated with other Users’ and/or Financial Advisers’ data for the purpose of calculating and compiling trends seen on the Planolitix Tool.
Who we may disclose your personal information to
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- any service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to our Services. For example, we may engage third parties to provide us with IT, marketing or customer support services;
- our professional advisers, including accountants, insurers and lawyers;
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to; and/or
- any other third party where such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993 and/or any other applicable law.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
- You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date. You can update your personal details at any time through our Website and/or the Planolitix Tool. Alternatively, you must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
- You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect. If we are not willing to correct errors that you have identified in your personal information, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction sought.
Security of information
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
- We generally hold your information in New Zealand. However, certain personal information may be transferred and/or stored outside of New Zealand by our third party service providers, such as Amazon Web Services who hosts our data in their servers in Sydney, Australia. Where personal information is transferred outside of New Zealand we will ensure that such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
- providing more customised content and material to you on our website; and
- conducting business and marketing analysis.
- All information collected via cookies will be held by us. This information will not be made available to any third party in a manner that enables you to be identified. If you do not wish to allow cookies you may change your browser settings to disable cookies. However if you disable cookies some parts of the website may not function properly.
Links to other sites
How to contact us